The Natural Park is classified as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Saumur and Montsoreau castles
- Fontevraud Abbey
- Roman churches, gallo-roman amphitheatre, dolmens and menhirs in the Gennes area
- Visits to wineries around Saumur, the Layon valley, and Savennieres.
- Numerous castles and gardens: Angers, Villandry, Serrant, Brissac, Montreuil-Bellay, Azay-le-rideau, Montgeffroy…
- Fishing, hiking, and boat trips on the Loire
- Doué-la-Fontaine Bioparc
- Rabelais' home "La Devinière"
- Chinon, Bourgueil
- The regional "Loire by bike" trail
- And many other things to discover…
To get to Gennes :
- By train: to Saumur (15 km) and Angers (TGV station, 30 km)
- By road: about 300 km from Paris: follow A11 towards Angers then A85 direction Saumur, first exit Beaufort
- You may also wander gently along the Loire by bike, car or boat…